About

Martin Klier

usn-it.de

Oracle Datenbank Architektur – nicht nur für Einsteiger (DOAG Konferenz 2013)

Thanks everybody for attending my talk “Oracle Datenbank Architektur – nicht nur für Einsteiger” at DOAG Conference 2013. It was a great feeling to have a packed room there. As promised, here comes my presentation and whitepaper (both in German). OracleArchitektur-DOAG OracleArchitekturNichtNurFürEinsteiger_Klier Feedback is always appreciated! […]

read more

DOAG Presentation: Oracle Standard Edition RAC

Wednesday last week, I had a presentation for my regional Oracle Users Group (DOAG Regio Nürnberg). The month before I was asked to display the difference between Enterprise Edition and Standard Edition RACs. Here comes the presentation (German), for questions and suggestions just let me know. Stay highly available Martin Klier […]

read more

Martin Klier now on twitter

After ignoring the little bird telling things for quite a while, I decided to join the tweeters. Twitter might bring more color into my daily reading. 🙂 If you feel like, just follow me – @MartinKlierDBA […]

read more

DOAG Konferenz 2013: “Oracle Architektur – nicht nur für Einsteiger”

After speaking about mutex waits last year, this time DOAG accepted my lecture “Oracle Architektur – nicht nur für Einsteiger” about Oracle Database basic architecture for this year’s DOAG Konferenz 2013 in Nürnberg. It will be the first lesson in a brand-new stream of the conference: The so-called “Einsteigerpaket” (beginners package) allows […]

read more

Oracle Support allows SR details in notification emails

Yes, they did it! Finally, last night’s announcement from Oracle Support brought a long-missed feature: We can opt-in to get Service Request details in MOS’ notification emails. It’s of great benefit when you are on the road, no need to log in to the far-famed support portal. This is how the CUA has to allow […]

read more

Oracle Real World Performance Tour 2014 with Tom Kyte and friends in München (Munich)

The German Oracle User Group (DOAG Deutsche Oracle Anwendergruppe) announced Munich as a location of the Real World Performance Tour 2014 with Tom Kyte, Senior Technical Architect ORACLE Server Technology Division, ORACLE Vice President Graham Wood, Architect Server Technologies Andrew Holdsworth, Senior Director Real World Performance Server Technologies Location: Munich (Details coming soon) Date: February […]

read more

Upcoming DBA in Team Oracle Germany? :)

I’m no fan of preselecting kid’s ways of life. But I couldn’t resist bringing a T-Shirt from OpenWorld back to Germany. Now since it fits Maxi, I’m just loving it. 🙂             The other picture is my teammate Benedikt as Maxi’s cushion. 🙂           Please: Let […]

read more

DOAG Webinar: ORACLE Datenbank Architektur – nicht nur für Einsteiger (German Language)

On Friday, 08/03/2013, I’ll present an online lecture about Oracle Architecture for the DOAG (Deutsche Oracle Anwendergruppe, German Oracle User’s Group) and the DOAG SIG Database.     Link: http://www.doag.org/termine/termine.php?tid=454245 The lesson will contain (excerpt from TOC): Oracle Datenbank-Architektur Verbindung, Namespace(s) und Abschottung Instanz und Datenbank Alles Blöcke, oder was? Redo, Undo und was man […]

read more

Oracle: DOAG Konferenz 2012 – Look at’s

Hi there, as usual, here are my personal notes from DOAG Konferenz 2012 (annual conference of the German Oracle User’s Group). I was there for two days, not three, on account of workload. But it was really good there, and again the event was a great mixture of technology and people/networking. Ok, here’s the list. […]

read more