Once again this year, the German Oracle Users Group has its annual conference and exhibition in Nuremberg. (DOAG Konferenz und Ausstellung 2011, Nürnberg). Being there is nearly a must for Oracle guys in German speaking countries.
As usual, here comes my unordered, incomplete and ad-hoc list of things I wrote down to have a closer look at in the next year, coming up during or from random talks I attended.
Day 1 (Tue 15.11.2011)
- AVG_ROW_LENGTH of a table vs. Blocksize
- analyze table X validate stucture cascade
- Linux: Transcendent Memory
- Linux: CleanCache and zcache
- Linux: Cgroups
- Linux: Transparent Huge Pages (wow!)
- Linux: DTrace
- Linux proprietary: Ksplice
- View: registry$history for the REAL version number
- Rolling Upgradable patches means minimal downtime on on Single Instance DBs, in combination with Out-of-Place-Upgrade)
- Bug 10187168 in PSU 184.108.40.206.2 (_cursor_features_enables=1026
- Typeset conversions: CSscan and DMU utilities
- AIX patch following note 1246995 (Memory Footprint)